Minute of General Meeting of MOF’s held on Thursday 26 January 2023 in St Oswald’s Church Hall, Cargill Road, Maybole at 1pm
Sederunt: - as per sheet (20 in attendance)
Apologies: - a few apologies were given
Mrs S Mason chaired this meeting, welcomed everyone, and wished them a happy new year. Unfortunately, the central heating wasn’t working but some room heaters were used for the duration of the meeting.
- Report on Goudie’s – all groups have been rehoused since the sudden closure of Goudie’s a meeting has been held since closure, awaiting any further developments to the premises.
Walking Group – numbers down slightly; Camera Club going ok, as is the Ukulele Group
Knit & Natter meeting within Crosne Street Complex, on Monday and Thursdays, good attendance both days.
Yoga – unfortunately numbers are low at the moment, hopefully this is only due to colds and flu going around. Venue – St Oswald’s Church Hall.
Art Group – held Friday mornings. Venue St Oswald’s Church Hall.
Bingo – will resume in March, Dates will be published.
Theatre Group – members going to Roy Orbison Tribute on 23 February
Gent’s Walker’s Pie & Pint meet on the last Friday of the month at Wetherspoons in Ayr
- Looking at arranging an afternoon for a Men’s Group, meeting up for a chat and games i.e. Darts, Dominos, Pool or Cards in the Mason’s Arms. Also has been suggested we approach the Walking Football and maybe this could be held fortnightly Posters will be circulated and members notified when dates are arranged
- Ahead of the Curve with Karen McCrindle – this will be held on Thursday 23 February 2023 at 1pm in St Oswald’s Church Hall. All welcome
- Charity Shop – MOF’s will have the charity Shop from Friday 24 February to Friday 3 March Donations would be welcome also donations for a tombola to be held during the week If anyone has a the odd spare hour to help out please get and touch and let us know
- Outings – 3 suggestions were put to members present and costings will be done for the next general meeting.
- Members were asked if they would possibly be interested in an outing to the Tattoo in 2024. At present awaiting the Brochure, but if wished a Savings Account could be used for folks to save towards this or any outing in the future
- Future Events – Craft Fair – looking at dates in March, July, and November
- A.O.C.B. Summer trips/ Autumn Trips will be looking at these i.e. 3 or 4 nights away
Date and time of next meeting – this will be held in early – mid March Annual General meeting will be held in May.